- Orthopaedic and general imaging examinations
- Ultrasound-guided diagnostic and interventional procedures
- Evaluation of all the spectrum of muscle, tendon, nerve and joint disorders
- Abdominal, thyroid, and soft tissue imaging evaluation
- Evaluation of bone density
The Unit of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology of Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi Research Hospital is a highly specialised tertiary referral centre for musculoskeletal radiology imaging. In 2017, the Unit has performed about 131,000 imaging and therapeutic procedures. We routinely see all aspects of musculoskeletal pathology, with more than 95% of examinations related to the field of musculoskeletal imaging. The radiology department consists of 12 board-certified radiologists with expertise in all subspecialties of musculoskeletal radiology. Exams are performed by trained and qualified radiographers, with special competences in MRI imaging.