- Stem Cell Transplantation
- Matched Related Donor
- Matched Unrelated Donor (MUD)
- Mismatched Related Donor (Haplo)
- Cord Blood Unit
- Haemato-oncological diseases
- Acute leukemia
- Chronic leukemia
- Myelodisplastic syndrome
- Multiple Myeloma
- Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Congenital immunodeficiency Treatments
- ADA-SCID Syndrome
- Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome
- Autoimmune diseases Treatments
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Systemic Sclerosis
- Ipex Syndrome
- Thalassaemic and Sickle cell Syndrome treatments
- Neurodegenerative lysosomal storage diseases
- Metachromatic leukodystrophy
- Mucopolysaccharidosis type I
- Globoid leukodystrophy
PROCEDURES PERFORMED PER YEAR:
- 48 autologous transplants and stem cell supports
- 19 identical HLA transplants from a family donor
- 23 identical HLA transplants from unrelated or cord donor
- 41 non-identical HLA transplants from family donor (haploidentical)
- 87 cycles of chemotherapy
- 94 support therapy and post-transplant complications
The Unit has performed more than 1,000 bone marrow transplants and is advancing the use of transplants for a wider array of diseases — not only leukaemia, Hodgkin lymphoma, non-Hodgkin lymphoma and multiple myeloma, but also bone marrow deficiencies, inborn errors of metabolism and immune disorders. The Unit is engaged in the field of Onco-haematologic clinical research, congenital immunodeficiencies, autoimmune diseases, hemoglobinopathies and neurodegenerative accumulation lysosomal pathologies in collaboration with the San Raffaele Department of Biotechnology and with other Italian and European centres.
The Unit provides Theoretical-practical lessons for students of the Degree in Medicine and Surgery within the Integrated Course of Haematology, Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, of the Integrated Course of Oncology and Paediatrics.
Bone Marrow Transplant
The San Raffaele Bone Marrow Transplant Unit is one of the largest in Italy, currently performing approximately 90 related and unrelated donor allogeneic transplants per year. It is committed to providing the latest developments in new cancer therapies, including immunotherapy and targeted therapies. It is one of the leading centres for bone marrow and stem cell transplants internationally, pioneering strategies such as haploidentical transplantation, intra-bone Cord Blood transplantation and reduced toxicity regimen for conditioning. The Unit works in close relationship with the site leukaemia group and research excellence laboratories.
The Unit provides diagnosis and treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukaemia, acute myeloid leukaemia, myelodysplastic syndrome, lymphoma and multiple myeloma. Many phases 1 studies investigate new drugs in haematological malignancies. The diagnostic and research laboratories of the San Raffaele Hospital are equipped with advanced techniques for the most precise diagnosis and characterization of the immunological and haematological defect, such as genetic investigations, flow cytofluorimetry, functional tests to ensure the best treatment program to its patients.
- PROCEDURAL SEDATION
In the ward, procedural sedation for invasive diagnostic procedures (bone marrow aspirate, lumbar puncture, etc.) is offered to patients to reduce discomfort.
- THE MUSIC THERAPY PROJECT
Hospitalized patients experience a lot of stress connected with the amount of time they spend in isolation, the fact that they cannot leave their wards and the visits they receive are sometimes rare and complicated because of their health conditions.
Therefore, in response to these needs and thanks to the collaboration between the Clinical Psychology Division and the Unit of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation of the San Raffaele Hospital, the "Musica da Camera" project was born. With its goal of improving the patient's quality of life through the use of music as a tool of care. Thanks to listening of pieces and the production of imagery evoked by them, the patient is accompanied on a path that promotes body relaxation and sharing of the experience of hospitalization.
Music therapy is an instrument with increasing potential and some initial positive data encourage its deepening. In light of these premises, the project "Musica da Camera" intends not only to offer hospitalized patients a space for expression and listening, but also an evaluation of the effectiveness of this type of intervention to identify patients' needs and resources over time and to make thus assisting them increasingly targeted.
NOTABLE ADVANCED TECHNOLOGICAL EQUIPMENT:
- Next generation sequencing
- flow cytofluorimetry
- functional tests
- The SR‐Tiget Clinical Trial Office (TCTO) is the Clinical Research Office of SR‐Tiget. It is part of the research area of IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele and reports directly to the Head of the CRU. TCTO main objectives are to support its customers in the creation, approval, management, organization and closure of clinical trials.
- The SR-Tiget Clinical Lab is a certified laboratory, in which tests required for clinical trial endpoints are performed following GCLP requirements. The SR-Tiget Clinical Lab can perform tests for all phases Clinical Trials, including phase I trials. The SR-Tiget Clinical Lab strictly collaborates with the GLP test facility and its QA team.
EXPLORE OTHER MEDICAL SPECIALTIES OF Ospedale San Raffaele- Arrhythmology and Electrophysiology
- Bariatric Surgery
- Breast Imaging
- Breast Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Clinical Cardiology
- Dermatology and Cosmetology
- Gastroenterology and Digestive Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- General and Emergency Surgery
- General Medicine, Diabetes, Endocrinology
- Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Reproductive Medicine
- Hepatobiliary Surgery Unit
- Immunology, Rheumatology, Allergy and Rare Diseases
- Interventional Cardiology
- Nephrology and Dialysis
- Neurology and Neurorehabilitation
- Nuclear Medicine
- Ophthalmology Unit
- Otorhinolaryngology & ENT Surgery
- Paediatric Department
- Paediatric Immunohaematology
- Pancreatic Surgery
- Rehabilitation and Functional Recovery
- Reproductive Medicine
- Thoracic Surgery
- Transplant Medicine
- Urology Unit
- Vascular Surgery