- Paediatric Cardiology
- Adult Congenital Cardiology
- Interventional Paediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiology
- ECHO Service
- Imaging Service
- Foetal Diagnostic Unit
PROCEDURES PERFORMED PER YEAR:
- 600 interventional cardiological procedures
- 200 diagnostic catheterisations
The main expertise of the Paediatric Cardiac Surgery and Paediatric Cardiology Unit is the diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart disease. It is a widely regarded as a centre of reference and excellence on a national and international scale.
The Unit is also “home” to advanced training courses for medical specialists in Pediatric Cardiology both in Italy and abroad.
Interventional Cardiology for Congenital Heart Diseases
Our Unit is the largest Unit in Italy and one of the largest in Europe with more than 600 procedures.
The Unit is up-to-date in all kinds of interventional procedures available today in the world. Furthermore, is the international teaching centre for the new procedures and devices.
The Unit, under the direction of Doctor Mario Carminati, is organizing every two years, since 20 years, one of the most important international congress all over the world.
Main Pathologies Treated:
- Pulmonary Valve implantation
- Atrial and Ventricular Septal Defect Closure
- Stent implantation (pulmonary and aortic)
- The Unit is also developing a very important program of 3D printing of complex congenital heart diseases.
EXPLORE OTHER MEDICAL SPECIALTIES OF Policlinico San Donato- Arrhythmology and Electrophysiology
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- CARDIAC SURGERY
- Endocrinology Unit
- General Surgery
- INCO National Institute of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
- Interventional Cardiology
- Nephrology and Dialysis
- Paediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiac Surgery
- Vascular Surgery